Perfect DIY project to do with the kids! Simply cut out the designs, spray with water and apply to the wall, door or windows!
Door and Mini Mural installation instructions:
Razor-knife (break-off blades)
1L spray bottle fill with water only (Pressurised spray bottle for easy application)
Table or Bench 1.5 - 2 m long
Bucket and sponge or lint free cloth
Straight edge for trimming
- Remove latch and handles.
- Before murals can be applied it is important for the door to be in a good clean condition, repair any scratches or chips. Allow paint to cure as per paint manufacture’s requirements.
- Any contaminates such as dust, dirt, grease, or defects on the surface such as loose paint can cause adhesion loss and therefore reduce the durability and performance level of the mural.
- When handling the mural hold the wallpaper as far into the mural as possible, without wrinkling the wallpaper. This will help avoid transferring oil from fingers and dirt to the edges of the mural, which could result in peeling edges or lifting, which can cause eventual adhesion problems.
Important: If the mural is being installed on a wall which has power points or light switches, turn power off at the main switch and cover power points or light switches to prevent from getting wet.
Before starting installation, remove from packaging and lay on a clean, dirt and dust free surface.
Roll the mural out face or printed side down on table. Using the spray bottle apply an even layer of water then repeat. Make sure that mural is wet and has no dry spots.
To promote even adhesion, wallpaper needs time before being hung to absorb the water. To allow for this, use a technique called “booking”.
1) Fold the bottom third of the panel over the middle.
2) Then fold over the remaining portion until it slightly overlaps the end of the first portion. Take care to align the edges, and do not crease mural.
3) After waiting for 1 minute then loosely roll the panel to prepare it for hanging.
Unroll and place panel at the top of the door lapping the mural pass the edge of the door by 10-15mm. Lightly press to hold in place, by running hand across the top 100mm of the mural.
Slowly work your way from top to bottom lightly press the mural to the door with your hands working your way out from the centre to the edges at a 45º angle removing any major bubbles.
Note: If mural is not straight gently remove mural from the door by holding mural and pull at a 90º angle from the door & repeat Steps 2 & 3. Once you are satisfied the mural is correctly positioned continue.
Once you have the panel in the correct position, continue to work your way from top to bottom lightly press the mural to the wall with your hands working your way out from the centre out to the edges at a 45º angle removing any major bubbles. Repeat step 3 before continuing next step.
Using the applicator (squeegee). Apply pressure to the mural working your way out from the centre out to the edges at a 45º angle removing any bubbles.
Tips: Pull or drag applicator across the mural, pushing may mark or scratch the mural. Ensure all bubbles are removed from each panel for best final result. Check for bubbles by looking across the mural from the sides. Check all edges of the panel making sure they are firmly applied. Don’t continue with the next panel until all bubbles removed.
Door Trimming - Cut off all excess mural – Using new sharp blade start with cutting across the top of the doors. Place the blade against the front edge of the door on a slight angle and cut across the top keeping the off cut held tight. Repeat on each side then the bottom. Cut out hole for door handle, lightly run the applicator around the edge of the hole to help show the edge starting from the centre making four incisions in a cross then carefully cut around the hole.
TAKE EXTREME CARE WHILE TRIMMING. KEEP FINGERS AWAY FROM THE BLADE TO AVOID INJURY.
Reinstall latch and handles.
Wipe off all excess glue using a sponge or lint free cloth and bucket of water.Be carefully not to catch or lift edge as you wipe off excess glue.
Congratulations! You've just completed your first PRO ART Mural.
DO NOT use chemicals for removal.
- Drench mural with water using a sponge and bucket or use a wallpaper steamer allow time for the water to soak in and active glue before attempting to remove.
- Test edge to check if glue has activated (more water may need to be applied).Start at the top of the mural and pull it away from the door at a 120-180 degree angle.
- Continually checking if more water is required on any dry spots.
Even on a budget you can decorate your home with the latest trends. Imagine having your own photographs wall size in your own home! The possibilities are endless, from a sophisticated bedroom mural to a relaxing rain forest design, you can have anything you can imagine on your wall.
What is a custom design?
We refer to a custom design as a design that is created to suit you. Something that reflects your personalities and style.
Can I use my own photos?
Yes, you can use one of your own photos! The better the quality the photo is, the better the result. Look for an image at least 2 megabytes and 300 dpi is preferred (don't know what that means, no problem we'll help you). If you're not sure, we are happy to take a look at the photo and help you decide if the quality is good enough to go to your wall size. Just email us to discuss how to send the photo to us.
What if I dont have a photo?
If you dont have a photo that you like, we can help you choose from our library of thousands of images! One of our graphic designers would be happy to help you find the perfect image for your wall. Let us help you create a mural that is as unique and special as you are and get the results you are looking for today.
"Amazing pieces of art we love our customs. Thank you, you guys you rock we are telling everyone who you are and how fantastic you are.Carla - WA